Minecraft Bedrock and Java Edition constantly receive updates from Mojang. The company is constantly working on a popular sandbox game, releasing frequent updates to improve the gaming experience. As it is a massive game on almost all platforms, bugs and issues should be addressed immediately.
However, the game update differs from device to device and edition to edition. Therefore, you might be a little confused on how to update if you are new to the game. The Bedrock edition runs on 1.19.30, while the Java edition runs on 1.19.2 .
Update Minecraft Java Edition
Updating Java Edition is simple as it goes through a universal launcher for all three compatible operating systems. There are mainly two types of Java Edition game releases: snapshots and releases. Snapshots are basically beta releases, while releases are officially stable. Here are the steps to update Minecraft Java Edition:
- Open the official game launcher and select the “Java Edition” tab in the left column.
- Open the version list on the left side of the “Play” button.
- Select the “Latest version” version with the version number below.
- Press play and let the game launcher automatically download all the files needed for the update.
If players want to use all of their pre-existing mods with the latest version, they need to find the updated version of each mod and reinstall them.
Update Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Updating the Bedrock Edition of the game is a bit tricky because different devices and operating systems have different methods of updating the game.
Here are the steps to update the game if you are on an Android device:
- Open the Play Store app
- Search for “Minecraft” and go to the app’s page.
- Instead of the “Play” button, there will be an “Update” button if the game is not on the latest version.
- Tap the button and the store will download the new update.
Here are the steps to update the game on iOS or iPadOS:
- Open App Store
- Find the game and go to the app page
- If the game is not on the latest version, there will be an update button located
- Tap the button and download the latest update
Here are the steps to update the game if you are on a Windows device:
- Open the Microsoft Store or Xbox app
- Search for “Minecraft” and select the official stable version
- If the game is not updated, an ‘Update’ button will be present
- Press the button and let the store app download the update
Here are the steps to update the game on a PlayStation:
- Head to your library and press the options button on the controller while hovering over the game.
- Press the “Check for updates” button
- If an update is available, the console will automatically start downloading it
Here are the steps to update the game on Xbox consoles:
- Press the “Home” button when logged into your account
- Scroll down and select “My games & apps”
- If a new update is pending, the game will display an “Update” button.
One of the main things you need to know is that the Bedrock Edition is installed and updated through a store app on your device.