You will come across a Redstone Golem several times in Minecraft Dungeons and beating this boss without a proper strategy is a difficult task. Here’s a guide that covers everything you need to know to beat the Redstone Golem in Minecraft Dungeons.
Minecraft Dungeons is quite different from Minecraft but both games are equally beloved for their unique mobs.
The Redstone Golem in Minecraft Dungeons is like that boss in every game that has basic moves, but the huge life power and damage it generates makes it very difficult to take it down. Although it’s a relatively weaker version of the Redstone Monstrosity, you can’t expect the boss fight to be a walk in the park.
From proper gear to maintaining distance, there’s a lot you need to know before taking on the Redstone Golem. This guide will try to simplify the behavior of the boss and how you can deal with it easily.
Redstone Golem in Minecraft Dungeons: Stats and Moves Explained
A redstone golem’s HP in Minecraft Dungeons can range from 480 at power level 1 to 133248 at power level 103. It performs the following attacks:
- A Swipe Attack which deals high damage and knocks the target back on contact.
- A strong attack where the red stone golem smashes both arms to the ground. This is followed by a super attack with which he summons ground mines and they inflict massive damage.
- A redstone golem cannot move while executing the heavy attack. This is when the boss is most vulnerable.
Outside of these attacks, the Redstone Golem can quickly close the distance with its Electric Transfer move. It won’t deal any damage to you, but that’s a problem because you definitely wouldn’t want to be in a melee battle with him.
How to Beat the Redstone Golem in Minecraft Dungeons
Now that we know the Redstone Golem’s strengths and weaknesses, here’s how you can beat it in Minecraft Dungeons:
- Do not engage in melee combat with the Redstone Golem and focus on a ranged fight. Avoid getting too close to the boss and have as many arrows as possible to constantly inflict damage from a distance.
- Wear armor that prioritizes defense. If you are unable to evade mines or a heavy attack, your armor should be strong enough to absorb unexpected damage.
- Properly manage your moves with speed boosts. Note that the golem mines can also damage it. To do this, you’ll have to be near the boss when he performs the Super Attack and get away from the mines just in time. This is a high risk, high reward tactic.
- Redstone Golem stops moving and attacking while summoning mines. This is the time to freely inflict damage on the boss. Even if you spend the majority of the time avoiding him, taking advantage of those moments when he’s not doing anything can be the key to victory.
- Summon pets to the field. Although the Golem won’t target them with the super attack, they can help you deal extra damage and distract the boss.
Of course, all of these tips are beneficial if your power level is high enough and beginners can increase it by donning the highest level gear they have.
On the other hand, veterans who are confident in their power level can wear armor with better enchantments.
With this guide, we believe you will be able to defeat the Redstone Golem in Minecraft Dungeons. For similar content on the franchise, find out how to make a map in Minecraft, what is a Minecraft SMP, and the 10 best Minecraft texture packs.
Image credits: Mojang Studios / Double Eleven