Gunpowder is a fascinating item in Minecraft. It is used to craft all sorts of explosion-related items in the game. All items that explode or have explosive tendencies contain this item. Players have been using it for a long time now.
There are several types of mobs, blocks, etc. which explode in the game. This explosion depends on the type of object or mob, for example a TNT explosion is slightly more powerful than a Creeper.
Except for End Crystals, all other monsters and items are related to this item. Therefore, players need to know everything about the item to use it in various scenarios.
All about Gunpowder in Minecraft
How to get the item
Although it is not one of the rare items in the game, it is still difficult to obtain, especially for new players. It cannot be crafted, so it must be found naturally in nature. There are multiple locations where players can find the item.
- Climbers: Creepers have explosive tendencies where they sneak up on a player and explode. When players kill them, they have a good chance of dropping the item.
- ghosts: Ghasts shoot fireballs at players which explode, so they can also drop this item on death, as well as Ghast tears.
- witches: Witches can drop all sorts of items which are used to brew multiple potions, this also includes gunpowder.
- Trade: Players can find this item from a traveling merchant for an emerald.
- Chest loot: This can also be found in several structures like Dungeons, Desert Temple, Shipwreck, and Woodland Mansion as chest loot.
Once players have obtained the item, it can be used to craft several explosion-related items and even a certain type of potion. One can make fireball charges, firework rockets, firework stars and TNT with gunpowder.
Fireball charges can be used in multiple fights. Firework Rockets can be used to fly with an Elytra and Firework Stars can be used to create beautiful rocket explosions. TNT can just be used to blow up anything.
This item can also be used to convert any type of normal potion into a splash potion.