WePC is supported by players. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Just like in real life, scaffolding allows players to build taller structures safely – although many players choose to use this block as a decorative item as well. Since ladders and elevators can be easier to use when building, scaffolding is considered a realistic item for players who want their building to look like it’s under construction while they’re working on it. Scaffolding must be crafted by players from scratch.
How to Craft Scaffolding in Minecraft
Here are the ingredients needed to craft scaffolding in Minecraft:
- String of characters: The best way to acquire string is by using spiders. Dead spiders drop string, but you can also break a spider web to get some. It’s also relatively common to run into a string during gameplay, especially in temples and jungle dungeons. Cats are also known to often bring string to players.
- Bamboo: Bamboo can only be found in the Jungle biome. They are also abundant in the Bamboo Jungle biome. Break a bamboo and collect the smaller pieces that fall and add to your inventory.
Here’s how to craft scaffolding in Minecraft.
- Start by opening a 3×3 crafting table.
- Place the twine in the top row, middle slot. The remaining bamboo should be placed in the left column and the right column. The middle slot and the lower middle slot must remain empty.
- This crafting recipe will give you 6 Scaffold Blocks.
Now that you have crafted six scaffolding blocks, you can stack them on top of each other for your building structures. Remember that scaffolding is not meant to be a permanent block and can be easily destroyed.
Be sure to keep an eye out for the lower block of scaffolding, as this can break and cause the entire scaffolding tower to collapse (together with you!).
In the Java version of the game, the scaffold can be placed on Lava, but it will burn in the Bedrock version of Minecraft. You can quickly climb a scaffolding tower by clicking the jump action. The descent is not that fast and players will need to crouch to descend safely.