Minecraft builds split again between Bedrock and Java Editions, with the Bedrock Edition getting its Beta version 184.108.40.206 today, and the Java edition benefits from its stable version 1.16.3. The latest Bedrock Edition beta continues to improve the Nether Update while bringing the two editions of Minecraft closer together. Bug fixes, stability improvements, parity changes, and even other achievements screen changes are all in play here.
The changelog for version 220.127.116.11 includes:
Performance and stability
- The game no longer crashes if a player opens a Shulker Box they are standing on after joining a multiplayer session
- Fixed crash when using
/fillcommand with Portal to fill a huge amount of blocks
- Baby Zoglins now have cute oversized heads
- Shroomlight block can now be used with the composter
- Crimson Mushroom and Deformed Mushroom can now be placed on Mycelium Blocks
- Observers will no longer get stuck in an active state when moved by a piston
- “Thing” banner can now be crafted at the loom
- All expected blocks and items can be composted again
- Portal blocks placed with
/fillcommands that are not part of a valid portal structure will only exist for 1 second before being deleted
- Foxes will no longer take damage from falling on berries
- Title control text and background (title, subtitle and action bar) have been adjusted and spaced out
- The Dressing Room now shows cached Character Creator items when offline
- 24-bit PNGs without an alpha channel are no longer accepted as valid custom skins
- Boots enchanted with Soul Speed no longer get stuck on mobs or the player after breaking
- Piglin Brutes preserve gear when zombified
- The Smithing Table screen now contains a hammer icon and UI elements appear correctly when using the “Pocket” UI profile setting
- Make reward frame on list item same as art frame
- Improved tap visual feedback
- Decreasing the size of the safe zone
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to move focus away from the back button using a keyboard
- Fixed an issue where new achievement screens would sometimes incorrectly apply the safe zone along the split in split screen mode, instead of just at the edges of the window
- Bandwidth Optimization: Ensure level event packets are only streamed locally
- Spatial bandwidth optimizations are now exposed through a component,
- Spatial Bandwidth Optimizations are now used by all players using
- Added plain text selector component which can be used to print entity names in commands such as
- Structures are no longer clipped when loaded using the
- FMOD music channel now sets its priority to 0 when music is playing to prevent FMOD virtual channel from stealing it when normal sound is playing in game (default priority is 128)
If you’re interested, you can learn how to sign up for the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition betas, or you can wait until October 3, 2020 for the Minecraft Live event, which should give us a glimpse into the future of Minecraft.
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play.
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.