Another week, another beta for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. Minecraft beta 18.104.22.168 is rolling out to players registered for the Minecraft beta on Xbox, Windows 10 PC, and Android today with several general bug fixes and improvements. Unfortunately, there are no new features in the upcoming Caves and Cliffs update, like with the Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot released earlier today, but improvements here are always welcome.
If you’re looking for more Caves and Cliffs Update features to test out, the latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta released last week added copper ore and copper blocks.
Minecraft fans should check out our list of the best Minecraft products, toys, and gifts for something awesome, either for themselves or for someone else in their life.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta 22.214.171.124 includes:
- Screen reader now correctly announces character edit/create button text for each character on the profile screen
Performance & stability
- Fixed a number of crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the achievements screen when the anti-aliasing setting was set to 1
- Fixed ticks not affecting blocks changing state – this means things like crops and saplings will grow properly again
- Fixed player unable to interact with a tool in their inventory after breaking blocks with it in Survival
- Fixed dried kelp block background and worn textures so rope pixels are aligned
- Fixed an issue where snow would accumulate in lines with certain simulation distances
- TNT submerged in water will once again launch players into Survival Mode
- Fixed an issue where achievement names and descriptions were not translated, regardless of the selected language
- The online status of cross-platform friends displayed on the invite screen will now update when a change has been detected
- Fixed an issue that caused achievement rewards to not display correctly after changing the language setting
- Owned and purchasable skins are no longer mixed in different offline categories
- Emote title no longer shows previously previewed emote when re-entering the tab
- Updated in-game links to feedback site and bug tracker
- Goat and other tinted spawn eggs now look correct when held in hand
- Fixed a screen resolution issue that could flicker when resizing a window
- Entities that use the “Blending” material state now display correctly behind transparent parts
Technical fixes and changes
- On the “Dragons!” The market map, behavior animation controller will no longer stop working after reloading the map with a saddled dragon
Custom biomes and blocks
- Disabled entity loading in custom biome features
- Fixed data-driven block UVs to not shrink slightly, causing texels to distort
- Fixed data-driven blocks being pushed by pistons not working properly
Render Offsets Component
- Simple objects, like swords or pickaxes, can have an optional offset applied to them to change how they are rendered. Note that this component should not be added to an attachable element
main_hand– An optional object storing optional transformation data for
third_personfor the player’s right hand
off_hand– An optional object storing optional transformation data for
third_personfor the player’s left hand
first_person– An optional object storing 3 vectors
scaleused to construct the matrix in first person
third_person– An optional object storing 3 vectors
scaleused to construct the matrix in third person
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play.
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.