What do you want to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is preparing the second part of the 1.18 “Caves and Cliffs Update”, which will be released later this year.
- This week’s beta for the modern version of Minecraft continues that work with a handful of minor tweaks and tweaks.
- The biggest fixes in this beta are flat jobs loaded with experimental features from the second part of the 1.18 caves and cliffs update.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 is now available for download on Xbox, Windows 10 and Android devices.
Separated by a day from its brother Minecraft: Java Edition, Mojang Studios is now releasing Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 to testers on compatible platforms with a new patch batch. There are fixes for experimental flat worlds, mobs, items, and more in the latest Minecraft beta.
This beta version is certainly more modest than its predecessor and does not include any significant new changes. Still, this continues Mojang’s work to bring the second half of the Caves and Cliffs update to Minecraft. Still, any progress is important, especially since the second part of the 1.18 Caves and Cliffs update is still slated for release later this year.
One of the best Xbox games of all time is gearing up to share news and reveals during Minecraft Live 2021, where we might see inspiration for the next generation of Minecraft toys and gifts. If you’re invested in the future of Minecraft, be sure to tune into Minecraft Live when it airs on October 16, 2021.
The complete changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 includes:
- Fixed staggered sub-chunks on Caves & Cliffs flat worlds
- Flat worlds with the experimental Caves & Cliffs toggle enabled will properly upgrade to use the new dimension heights
Features and bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where light blocks would force players to spawn on the surface of the Overworld
- Tropical fish no longer lose their colors when catching them with a bucket of water and then releasing them
- Trapdoors reappear in the recipe book
- Water lilies can again be placed on water deeper than a block
- Mobs no longer continuously jump on non-solid blocks such as snow layers
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play.
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.