As we approach the end of the week, Mojang Studios is releasing a new beta for players of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. The beta contains many normal fixes and general improvements, as well as various technical updates, but it also includes several interesting changes.
Along with coming to Minecraft Preview and enabling multiplayer between Windows and iOS platforms, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 also features several balancing changes for mob damage, bees, and more. Many of these changes apply to all difficulties and are aimed at making damage more consistent and accurate.
The latest Minecraft beta follows the latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition update, which continues to bring improvements in addition to the Caves and Cliffs update. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 is now available on all beta platforms, including those with Minecraft Preview.
In case you missed it, Minecraft: Java Edition also got a new snapshot this week. None of these early access builds contain any new features or content from The Wild Update, but we’re probably not far off from starting testing for the next major Minecraft update in earnest.
When The Wild Update arrives in 2022, it will add new biomes, mobs and quality of life improvements to Minecraft, which is already securing itself as one of the best Xbox games you can play.
The complete changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 understand :
- Minecraft Preview players on Windows and iOS can now join each other’s games!
- We are aware that some Android devices may experience a crash when creating a world. This will only happen once at most, after which you can create worlds as normal
Features and bug fixes
- Fixed unrecognized actor definition ids if element or block name contains “.”
- Damage is now calculated more accurately; we now correctly calculate and store partial damage for larger damage
- Monsters across higher and lower difficulties have their damage slightly adjusted accordingly
- Armor reduction and protection calculations have been made more accurate
- Dragon’s breath attack now correctly deals damage
- Player position when joining a world will remain the same if leaving while in lava
- Players can now fly through ladders and other climbing blocks such as vines in creative mode without stopping
- Fixed a bug where shield blocking animation would stop playing smoothly after blocking once
- Fixed a bug where the texture filename “carrots_stage_3” was incorrect and not showing up in game
- Bees no longer get angry when hives are destroyed by Silk Touch
- Blaze Fireballs, Fang Attack Damage, and Shulker Bullets now deal consistent damage across all difficulties.
- Small Magma Cubes do slightly more damage, from 2 to 3 normally
- Spiders deal slightly less damage, from 3 to 2 normally
- Baby Zoglins deal slightly less damage, from 1 to 0.5 in normal
- Skeleton melee attack does slightly less damage, from 3 to 2 normally
- Wolves deal slightly more damage, from 3 to 4 normally
- Baby Hoglins no longer attacks players
- Cows, pigs, chickens and sheep no longer spawn in cold taiga biomes
- Touch control buttons no longer get stuck in the pressed state when players move out of the button area
- Fixed an issue with incorrect text display on some Android devices in the new UI
- Fixed a crash issue that could occur when hovering over the seek bar in the crafting menu while playing with a controller
- Buy Coins screen now includes “Coin Starter Packs” for purchase on some platforms
- Game no longer freezes/crashes when clicking “Show More”
- Marketplace tags now fit in the description section
- Download window no longer flickers when closed
- Client now supports multiple player count tags in Marketplace pages
- Added a warning popup on Marketplace pages when trying to equip the skin pack while the character creator item is equipped
- Fixed an issue that caused some emotes to rotate unintentionally towards the end of their animation
Objectives of AI
- New data parameter exposed
Go Home Goal. This is to specify a distance in blocks that the crowd is considered close enough to the end of the current path. A new path will then be calculated to continue towards the house
Knockback Height Capvalue to
Knockback Roar Goal
- Fixed a bug where timeline events at 0.0 would sometimes not run in looping animations
- Fixed command block failing to summon mob on Extreme Speed Runner Marketplace map
Experimental technical characteristics
- Due to engine limitations,
minecraft:geometrydata used for blocks with the experimental Holiday Creator Features toggle is now restricted to only allow geometry in the
- All blocks loaded from behavior packs that exceed this limit will be rendered as the
info_updateblock and show content error in log
- Exposed the following components to the actors. Each of these has a
valueproperty that contains the component data:
- Changing function behavior
attack()to make the simulated player swing even when no target is found
- Event added
entityHit(entityHitEvent: EntityHitEvent, options?: EntityEventOptions)— Triggers when an entity or block is hit by another entity
- a function
playSound(soundID : String, soundOptions : SoundOptions)– Plays a sound for one player, cannot be heard by entities other than that specific player
- Event added
- Now have two new fields,
TakeItem, specifying whether it is possible to give/take items from an entity’s main hand slot. Picking up the item also drops the mob’s inventory
- Weapon events are correctly applied when weapons are used by mobs
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for just one monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Ranking Elden Ring’s 15 Main Boss Fights
Elden Ring has 15 different main boss fights, but which are the best (and which are terrible)? Here’s our definitive ranking of every main boss in the game.
Ancient Windows 1.0 Easter egg unearthed, featuring Gabe Newell
Just when you thought the old Windows 1.0 vaults had run out, a new entry pops up. And it gets even more exciting: this particular nugget of knowledge contains a reference to none other than Valve’s own Gabe Newell.