Mojang Studios tends to release new updates through its Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta program (or the new Minecraft preview) about once a week, and this week is no different. On Wednesday, the legendary studio began releasing a brand new beta for interested testers, which includes new features from an upcoming content update in addition to the usual fixes and tweaks.
Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 (.29 on Minecraft Preview) is out now and officially launches The Wild Update’s spooky Deep Dark biome. The Warden mob has yet to be introduced, but players can explore the sinister Deep Dark and its abandoned cities starting with this update.
This beta builds on the last release, which added copper goat horns, and continues Mojang Studios’ intention to perpetuate Minecraft as one of the best Xbox games of all time. Players can dive in now to submit feedback to Mojang Studios and shape The Wild Update ahead of its official release later this year.
While the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta and Minecraft Preview have two different version numbers, the builds and their changelogs are entirely identical. Between the two options, players can access this build on Xbox, Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
The complete changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 / Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 understand :
The Savage Update
- Dig deep underground to discover Minecraft’s darkest biome – the Deep Dark
- Dimly lit and mysterious, the Deep Dark is sure to strike fear into the heart of even the bravest gamer.
- The surfaces of the Deep Dark are coated with Sculk
- The only mob that calls Deep Dark home is the Guardian
- Please note: The Guardian has not yet entered the game, but it is preparing for its grand debut!
- Vanilla Parity: attacks with axes to a raised shield will disable the shield for 5 seconds
Boat with trunk
- Works the same as Minecart Chests, but in Boats instead, so you can take a trip on the water and carry your stuff with you.
- Crafted by combining a trunk with any boat
- Allay now has a time limit to choose new items after items are delivered
- Allay will now only pick up the same item it contains
- Allays will now stay close to a notepad that has been played nearby
- Allay is now immune to damage from its owner
Data Driven Items
- Added an optional
mob_amountdamage event response parameter that specifies a single damage amount when used by mobs
- We don’t have any additional changes planned for the Copper Horn, but we’d love to hear more about what you think of this experimental feature and how you might use it if it were part of the final update!
Features and bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where sensitivity was too low in new touch control schemes
- Fixed a case where the “Highlight always on” option was visible for the “Touch” interaction mode
- Fixed an issue where buttons for new mobile control schemes were too big and too high on some devices
- Fixed underwater lava lakes not turning into obsidian during world generation
- Healing no longer makes a creature immune to damage
- Fixed tick range check excluding chunks that were actually in range
- Breaking a layer of snow placed in the same block as a flower no longer destroys the flower
- Baby Hoglins now attacks players
- Double tapping the crouch button will no longer switch to flight mode
- Fixed an issue where the sprint state was not resumed after hitting an obstacle while holding the
- Added in check to prevent an actor who is a passenger from being ridden by the vehicle, it prevents an infinite loop looking for the root vehicle
- Spin while riding a mob that has spin locked will no longer unexpectedly snap to one side when that mob is spinning
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for just one monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.