Development on The Wild Update for Minecraft is officially in full swing for both releases, and Mojang Studios shows no signs of slowing down. On Thursday, the studio began releasing a duo of new betas for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Preview players, which includes a new item, plenty of tweaks and changes to existing features, and even a hint at an upcoming feature.
The “recovery compass” item that debuted with a previous Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot now appears in this beta and will lead players to the location of their last death. Mojang Studios also revealed that it’s working on the much-requested “spectator mode” for Minecraft, which won’t arrive in time for The Wild Update, but will arrive as an experimental feature in an upcoming beta.
The beta is now available for players signed up for the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta or Minecraft Preview, and is a surprisingly decent step towards the development of The Wild Update which will be released later in 2022. When the update day will come, it will include new monsters like frogs, the guardian and was going, new biomes like the mangrove and Deep Dark, and more.
Minecraft is by far one of the best Xbox games available today, and Mojang Studios intends to make it even better with The Wild Update later this year. Interested players can get in early with snapshots and pre-release betas.
The complete changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 / Minecraft Preview 22.214.171.124 understand :
Preview of Minecraft on Xbox Series X|S
- Xbox Series X|S players may receive an error message (code
0x8b050033) when launching Minecraft Preview
- Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft Preview to complete the update and resolve the error
- Some of our more observant players may have noticed that last week’s beta and preview contained early features supporting spectator play mode, which was accidentally made available in-game.
- We know this is a major feature request for the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft, and our developers have worked hard to bring this feature to you.
- We are currently working on the development of the first iteration of spectator mode to get your feedback to plan the next iteration. However, we still have a lot of work to do! The first iteration won’t be finished in time for 1.19, so we’ll move it to an experimental toggle in an upcoming beta.
- Until we have a neater release for you, please consider that any content or map built on top of this feature will not be supported as this feature will change and evolve
- We won’t accept spectator mode related bug reports until our first iteration is released, as functionality is subject to change during development
Features and bug fixes
- A new Salvage Compass can be crafted with Echo Shards that cannot be found and are unique to Ancient City chests
- Unlike a normal compass, the recovery compass will point to the last place you died
- If you are not in the dimension where you last died, or if you are not yet dead in your world, it will rotate randomly
- It can be crafted with 1 compass surrounded by 8 echo shards
- Echo Shards will be available as loot in Ancient Towns in a future update
- Adjusted howling particles of the Sculk Shrieker
- Sculk Shriekers should not be triggered by activating Redstone
can_summonblockstateto Sculk Shriekers which determines if a Shrieker can trigger a Warden to spawn. Only Sculk Shriekers placed during world generation in the Deep Dark and Ancient Cities will have this state set to true
- Running away from a Sculk Shrieker during a howl is no longer a viable way to prevent a Warden from being summoned
- The Sculk Shrieker no longer attempts to spawn the guardian in peaceful mode
- The Sculk Shrieker now spreads the highest threat level among nearby players, not the threat level of the closest player.
- Guardian now has a wound animation when taking damage
- Fixed a bug where the Guardian’s ribcage UV overlapped their right tendril UV
- Guardian will now prioritize players over mobs when angry
- Improved Guardian suspect tracking behavior and increased Guardian “sniff” range
- Spawning a Guardian in Creative mode no longer applies the Darkness effect to the player.
- Reinforced Deepslate can no longer be pushed by pistons
- Froglight and Frogspawn blocks now have new sounds
- Frog Spawn is now called Frogspawn
Goat horn (experimental)
- Goat horn sound is now instant
- Added Goat Horn variants to Pillager Outposts
- copper horn suppressed
- Although community feedback was overwhelmingly positive, the copper horn was a fun experience that didn’t quite live up to our design goals, so we decided to remove it.
- We understand that people can be sad, but in order to be able to try new and interesting things, sometimes we need to be able to remove experimental features. This leaves room for even better features in the future!
- Player can now change item slot in hotbar while in a boat
- Fixed a crash that could occur if an unowned player picked up an item from the Allay while chasing its owner
- Allay now regenerates two hit points per second
Boat with trunk
- The group of boats with chests now has the correct translation in the inventory
- Mangrove boat with chest now has a crafting recipe
- Crafting Mud Bricks now correctly yields four Mud Bricks from a single profession
- Set the stack limit for the brew station result slot to 1, to prevent input stacks from being overwritten when the brew is complete
- Fixed a crash in
block_placercomponent when the block parameter is an unknown block
- Blocks affected by gravity now correctly fall on replaceable blocks
- Slabs can now be placed continuously
- Fixed an issue where clicking the top row of pixels of a button in the new Create New World screen would not properly trigger its action
- Fixed a bug that caused the fire animation to flicker when standing in a lava cauldron in creative mode
- Fixed incorrect names for White Dye, Black Dye, Brown Dye and Blue Dye
Stability & performance
- Fixed enchantment option on handheld UI profile not showing
- Several level block mixing improvements
- When a command block clones itself twice with the
/clonecommand, the cloned command block will now activate on the first try
- Command selectors will now correctly identify players by name instead of nametag
- Title commands triggered before a customer has finished joining will now display instead of being ignored
is_movingfilter now returns the correct value when an actor moves
Avoid crashes on some devices when parsing Molang expressions with many
AND the operators
Animation “consume” linked to the duration “consume”
- Interactive blocks (such as Hoppers) cannot be moved continuously without opening the UI
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. The Wild update is the next major content release for Minecraft, and it brings lots of new features and items, like the recovery compass.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. You can also try out the latest Minecraft beta (and Recovery Compass) via Xbox Game Pass.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.