Minecraft just received the much anticipated Caves & Cliffs Part II update earlier this week and now it has received an additional update with 1.18.1 to fix some related issues.
Although this fix will eventually arrive on all platforms except for platform-specific issues, Minecraft Update 1.18.1 is only available for PlayStation platforms at this time.
Mojang has confirmed that the update will make its way to additional platforms in the coming days, so it shouldn’t be too long a journey for others to download it.
- FOLLOWING: Read the patch notes for the first update of Caves & Cliffs Part II.
When is Update 1.18.1 available?
Minecraft Update 1.18.1 is now available for PlayStation platforms, so your console should already have automatically downloaded the update, unless automatic updates are disabled.
For those on other platforms, the update will be available in the coming days. In these cases, just make sure that automatic updates are also enabled.
Minecraft Update 1.18.1 Patch Notes
Thanks to the official Minecraft reviews website, we have the full patch notes for Update 1.18.1, which you can see below or on the official website Minecraft reviews website.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying a world save in some languages on PlayStation
- Fixed a crash that could occur when chatting and playing on Realms
- Decreased the amount of Diamond Ore generated to match the Java Edition
- Fixed lighting bugs when removing light sources after returning to the Overworld from other dimensions (MCPE-145828)
- Players no longer have issues moving after respawning or getting out of a bed
- Added warning prompt explaining potential data loss when setting file storage location to External on Android devices
- Fixed various crashes and storage related issues with Android multi-user functionality and Amazon Kids/Freetime (MCPE-106524, MCPE-107503, MCPE-37685)
- Fixed simulation stopping in multiplayer sessions when other players move away from a player’s render distance (MCPE-147391)
- Teleport command will no longer succeed when ‘checkForBlocks’ is true and the destination is obstructed
- Fixed an issue that could result in a faulty purchase page for realms when the maximum number of realms were already owned
- Marketplace inventory screen optimization and content image loading improvements
That’s it for Minecraft update 1.18.1 which follows the Caves & Cliffs Part II update. There are bound to be more updates as new issues arise, so keep an eye out for those.
Do you have something to tell us about this article?