Minecraft Dungeons is approaching its second anniversary after release and has been growing ever since with new updates, DLC and constant post-launch support from Mojang Studios and Double Eleven. On Tuesday, Mojang revealed that its Minecraft-derived ARPG had impressively surpassed 15 million players, another milestone for the title. Starting today, players can participate in the limited-time Festival of Frost event to celebrate achievement.
It’s been almost exactly a year since Minecraft Dungeons crossed 10 million players, and it’s clear that Mojang Studios had no intention of stopping there. The game has since been released Three new DLC expansions and several major free updates, including the recent Cloudy Climb update. Now, Minecraft Dungeons has over 15 million players across all platforms, justifying the new Festival of Frost event.
The Festival of Frost starts today, February 8, and will last until February 22. During the event, the tower will be outfitted with ice-themed floors, players will face a variety of themed challenges and missions, trials from the previous Chills and Thrills event will be featured again, and the “Iceologer Cape” cosmetic item will be given to any player who logs in during the event.
Along with the Festival of Frost event and the announcement of 15 million players, Minecraft Dungeons is securing a new patch update across all platforms which includes a good number of bug fixes and general improvements .
Minecraft Dungeons is available on various platforms including Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC, Xbox Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming. Minecraft Dungeons has evolved significantly from the game it was at launch, with a plethora of updates under its belt and many more to come. It’s one of the best Xbox games you can play right now, and the Ultimate Edition includes everything you need to get started.
The full changelog for the Minecraft Dungeons Patch 18.104.22.168 update includes:
- Minecraft Dungeons Celebrates 15 Million Player Milestone With Winter Event
- From February 8 through February 22, players can take part in the Festival of Frost, featuring chilling challenges like new themed floors in a 21-story tower layout.
- You’ll also see familiar seasonal trials and rewards from last year’s Chills and Thrills event
- Adventurers will also receive a login reward in the form of the elegant Iceologue Cloak as a thank you for being part of the journey thus far.
Performance & stability
- Fixed the game becoming unresponsive when navigating to the Hero Select screen while the game is checking online permissions
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting “Equip” and pressing the spacebar while selecting an artifact on the tower reward selection screen
- Fixed a crash that could occur after skipping the Microsoft account linking process on PlayStation
- Fixed a crash that could occur when logging out of the game on PC
- Improved performance when opening the Mission Select screen
- Players no longer need to own the Season 1 Adventure Pass to unlock Season 1 achievements on Steam
- New PlayStation Network accounts can now get Adventure Points on first boot
- Added a new mouse over sound effect to interactable objects in the world to improve accessibility. Sound is three-dimensional, so players receive distance and direction information to better locate interactive objects
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from unlocking rewards for Adventure Ranks 1 and 2
- Fixed some cases where potions and TNT would fall through the ground after opening a chest or defeating a mob
- Fixed damage count disappearing after hitting a mob with a damaging enchantment
- Fixed missing sound effects for raid banners
- Fixed mobs suddenly appearing in front of players with no spawn animation
- Fixed the Fox pet going through the ground on the Hero Select screen
- Fixed issues with some summoned pets not teleporting to players if blocked
- Duck, Toucan, and Crow pets are no longer outside of their air bubbles during Hidden Depths missions
- Fixed some artifacts remaining in player inventory after failing a tower
- Fixed player avatar appearing stretched on the reward screen after completing a tower floor
- Enchantments on tower starting gear now change with each new tower setup
- The Uniquesmith now buffs the power level of a selected item to match the most powerful piece of gear in inventory
- Enchantment point values no longer become negative after gilding an enchanted item at the Gildsmith
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from earning rewards after completing a tower floor
- Navigating through tower floor rewards will now show comparison of currently equipped gear
- Fixed screen flashing white after interacting with tower merchants for the first time during a tower run
- Fixed duplicate Tower floor rewards appearing too frequently. Tower now limits rewards again after seven floors
- Fixed missing wind visual effects not appearing on some tower floors
- Fixed a tower floor that could be skipped
- Fixed music not playing for some ambush events
- Fixed an unreachable chest in Arch Haven
- Fixed players getting stuck on top of certain buildings on Windswept Peaks during local co-op
- Fixed areas of Underhalls that had inaccessible chests
- Added missing item descriptions for golden versions of Nimble Turtle Armor, Sponge Striker, Encrusted Anchor, The Beginning and The End, Call of the Void, Sturdy Shulker Armor
- The Growth enchantment now procs on explosive crossbows the same as other ranged weapons.
- The Fuse Shot enchantment no longer generates on explosive crossbows
- Verdant Robe, Moon Daggers, Soul Fists, and Soul Hunter Crossbow can now be spawned with Soul Enchantments
- Enchantments will now proc on explosion damage for the primary target instead of base projectile damage for certain enchantments to work as intended with the explosive crossbow
- The “All” tab of the inventory screen should now always be displayed first and sorted by most recently picked up items
- Fixed a typo regarding enchantment points during tower run
- Fixed partial loss of entry into the Adventure Hub after closing it by opening the mission select screen or inventory
- Improved the scrolling of rewards on the Adventure Hub screen
- Fixed “Floor Type” and “Remaining Attempts” text overlapping in some languages when running a tower
- Adjusted the “Abandon Tower Run” button text to now say “Leave Tower”
- The “Cancel” button on the Tower Floor Complete screen now plays a sound when pressed
- Sounds no longer play when tapping left or right on the Tower Failed screen, as there are no items to select
- The “Confirm” button on tower merchant screens now plays a sound when pressed
- Steam Rich Presence now appears correctly when playing inside the tower
- Swapped button colors when returning to camp from the tower so that “Continue” is now green
- Added missing sound effects to highlight player gear slots on the Tower Rewards screen
- Fixed missing sounds when hovering and selecting enchantment slots on the inventory screen
- Main menu “Reconnect” button can now be navigated and selected using keyboard input
- Improved screen reader support on the Blacksmith screen
- Improved screen reader support for the Upload Hero screen
- Screen reader now gives proper context after accepting or declining a game invite
- Emotes and Flairs will now play simultaneously when selecting these rewards in the Adventure Hub
- Fixed timer for accepting a mission stuck at 24 seconds while the player is on the inventory screen
- Fixed Tower audio returning for a second after selecting “To Camp” on the Tower Failed screen
- The sound effect for selecting the Tower Hub now only plays once
- Added Shift and Ctrl icons to the Adventure Hub interface, indicating that these keys can be used to change pages on this screen
- Fixed several seasonal reward names overlapping parts of the screen in some languages
- Fixed some alignment issues with the action bar at the bottom of the mission select screen
- Fixed accepting a mission vote while on the post-mission summary screen opening the adventure hub instead of the rewards screen
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for just one monthly subscription cost.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition
Everything Dungeons and more.
Minecraft Dungeons has released a ridiculous amount of content since launch, and now players can access it all at once with Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition, a value-driven bundle that includes the base game, all six DLC expansions released up to ‘now. , and the Hero Pass DLC. If you already own Minecraft Dungeons, you can also get the Ultimate Edition add-on for all DLCs.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.