At E3 2019, Microsoft and Mojang announced Minecraft Dungeons, a standalone dungeon spinoff of the most popular game of all time. Unfortunately, the game has been pushed back multiple times, with Mojang dropping yet another delay today due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ah, but there’s actually a benefit to this announcement – while Minecraft Dungeons has been pushed back, it now has a solid release date of May 28!
Mojang also detailed the different editions of Minecraft Dungeons that will be available:
Minecraft Dungeons will be available in two editions:
- Minecraft Dungeons – Standard Edition – $20
- Minecraft Dungeons – Hero Edition – $30
The Hero Edition contains a Hero Pass which includes a hero cape, skins for two players and a chicken. Hero Edition also includes two upcoming DLC packs. We will soon share more information about this.
Didn’t follow Minecraft Dungeons? Here is the official recap:
Unite. Struggle. To survive.
Fight your way through an all-new action-adventure game, inspired by classic dungeon crawlers and set in the Minecraft universe! Up to four friends can play together, or you can brave the dungeons alone. Face off against new and evil monsters across action-packed, treasure-packed and wildly varied levels, all in an epic quest to defeat the evil Arch-Illager!
- Unite – Take on dungeons alone or team up with friends! Up to four players can compete in local and online co-op.
- Struggle – Use melee swings, hang back with ranged attacks, or smash your way through armored in heavy armor! Customize your character and unlock unique items and weapon enchantments.
- To survive – Explore hugely varied, action-packed, and treasure-filled levels, all in an epic quest to save the villagers and eliminate the evil Arch-Illager!
Minecraft Dungeons will launch simultaneously on PC, Xbox One (including Xbox Game Pass), PS4, and Nintendo Switch on May 28. Mojang is working on crossplay, but it won’t be available at launch.