Minecraft Dungeons is Mojang Studios’ first successful attempt to truly expand the Minecraft franchise into a new genre of video game, and it hasn’t stopped growing and evolving since its release. After releasing a series of story-driven DLCs, Minecraft Dungeons now injects new content through quarterly seasonal adventures, starting with “The Cloudy Climb”. Now we know what the next Minecraft Dungeons adventure will entail.
Minecraft Dungeons Season 2 ‘Luminous Nights’ has been announced by Mojang Studios and Double Eleven, and will bring a huge stack of new gameplay and features to the ever-expanding title when it releases. Minecraft Dungeons is certainly not light on content at this point in its life, but Mojang Studios is far from done adding to it.
Mojang Studios has chosen not to share a plethora of information regarding the upcoming seasonal adventure for Minecraft Dungeons, but here’s what we do know:
- Luminous Nights is the second Seasonal Adventure in Minecraft Dungeons and will feature a new optional Adventure Pass with premium rewards and cosmetics
- The seasonal adventure is “glow in the dark” themed, with plenty of glow-in-the-dark gameplay elements and areas, as well as matching cosmetics, like skins, capes, emotes, and flairs, that will let players shine in darkness
- The tower will feature new floors to explore and puzzles to solve, including mysterious murals
- A new enemy, known as “Forest Fire”, will debut with Luminous Nights, and is apparently quite dangerous
- New pets, which are miniaturized versions of dangerous monsters, will also appear, such as the ministrosity and the abomination
- New quality of life features are coming, including a much-requested storage chest that will allow players to organize their inventories more efficiently
Minecraft Dungeons Season 2 Luminous Nights will release for all platforms on April 20, 2022, and Mojang Studios will continue to share more information and details in the coming weeks. The legendary studio’s experimental title may have had a rocky start at first, but has gradually become one of the best Xbox games you can play. Minecraft Dungeons also has over 15 million players, so it’s clear that many gamers agree with that sentiment.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition
Everything Dungeons and more.
Minecraft Dungeons has released a ridiculous amount of content since launch, and now players can access it all at once with Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition, a value-driven bundle that includes the base game, all six DLC expansions released up to ‘now. , and the Hero Pass DLC. If you already own Minecraft Dungeons, you can also get the Ultimate Edition add-on for all DLCs.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for just one monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.