For many people, lighting fireworks is a fun way to celebrate events at night. Minecraft offers a similar experience, letting you create fireworks to set off either in your single-player world or on multiplayer servers with others. Alternatively, you can also use them to fly with an Elytra. This guide will teach you how to craft rockets and firework stars in Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions.
How to Make Fireworks in Minecraft Java and Bedrock
To create ordinary low power fireworks in Minecraft, you need a paper and gunpowder. However, you can add up to three gunpowder to the recipe to increase the firework rocket’s strength. The strength of the firework determines how high it will fly through the air. If you don’t know where to find paper or gunpowder, here is a description of their locations:
- Paper: Created using three candy cane stalks or chest loot from Shipwreck and Stronghold. There is also a chance to find paper in cartographer chests in villages.
- Gunpowder: Creepers, Ghasts, and Witches have a chance to drop after death. There is also a chance of finding Gunpowder in chests in Dungeons, Desert Temples, Shipwrecks, and Woodland Mansions.
Firework Stars in Minecraft Java and Bedrock
In Minecraft, using the recipe above to make a pyrotechnic rocket will not cause any explosion effects if you launch it into the air. Instead, it will turn off right after briefly flying through the sky. Add a firework star to the crafting recipe to create a firework rocket with explosion effects. Although firework stars may seem complicated to craft at first, here are some uses and crafting recipes for them:
- Each firework star requires one Gunpowder and an Dye of your choice. The dye color you use determines the explosion of the firework Color.
- Using a Gold nugget in the recipe add a star shaped pattern to the explosion of fireworks.
- Get and use a gamer or monster skull in the recipe add a creeper face pattern to the explosion of fireworks.
- Using a Feather in the recipe add a to the top burst effect to the explosion of fireworks.
- Add either a diamond Where Luminous Stone Dust to the firework star crafting recipe gives a shimmering, trailing effect after the fireworks explode.
After crafting your firework star, add it to your firework rocket recipe. This will create a rocket with explosion effects that you can watch yourself or enjoy with others. Alternatively, if you don’t add any effects, you can use the firework to fly using an elytron or as ammunition for a crossbow.
Minecraft: How to find a village
Minecraft is available on PC, Android, iOS, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PlayStation platforms.