What do you want to know
- Mojang Studios is currently testing an overhaul of the Vex, the hostile mob summoned by the Evokers.
- Minecraft Preview players can now join Minecraft: Java Edition players in the fun with a new release.
- Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 includes the newly updated Vex in addition to a handful of other changes and fixes.
On Wednesday, Mojang Studios released a new set of Minecraft previews for players to test out on all platforms, with a key feature headlining both updates. The Vex mob, an uncommon hostile mob summoned by dangerous Evokers, is finally being redesigned to make it more consistent with the wider visual art design of Minecraft.
The latest Minecraft Preview follows its counterpart Minecraft: Java Edition in revamping the Vex. With the update, the Vex is now visually similar to the Allay, except with more aggressive fenders, eyes, and colors. Of course, the Vex also carries a deadly sword with which it attacks its victims. Mojang Studios is also updating the Vex’s hitbox to make the tiny creature a little less frustrating to fight.
Minecraft players can now install the Preview version and research the new Vex themselves. There are other minor updates and bug fixes included in this release, but the emphasis is certainly on the fact that the Vex deserves a place in one of Xbox’s most successful games. Pending testing and community feedback, the updated Vex design is expected to roll out to all players in a future update.
The full changelog for Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 includes:
Features and bug fixes
- Running `/execute align xyz entity` now produces a command error instead of crashing
- Fixed a bug where players could be moved to the other side of a wall when near a retractable plunger
- Fixed hives not gaining honey when a bee with nectar comes out
- Updated Vex model and texture
- The Vex retains a slightly larger hitbox to make combat easier
- Keyboard input is consistent with other control modes when the player is flying and using touch controls
- Now double tap the “Space” key to properly disable flight in touch control mode
- Fixed an issue that prevented items from being thrown in the Creative Mode extended inventory when dropping them on another item
- `input_ground_controlled` no longer automatically increases pitch when controlled by the player
- The `variable_max_auto_step` component can be used instead
- For consistency with previous versions, use `base_value`: `1.0625` and `jump_prevented_value`: `0.5625`
Minecraft: Java Edition is now available through PC Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, making Microsoft’s flagship game subscription the best way to experience Minecraft, wherever you play.