Without the right weaponry in place, the heroes of Minecraft Dungeons won’t get far in their journey to defeat the Arch-Illager and their minions.
When it comes to weapons in Minecraft Dungeons, the popular action RPG doesn’t disappoint. There are tons of weapons in the game of different qualities, including powerful unique items that make players research them thoroughly.
Since Minecraft Dungeons allows players to equip both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon, there are many builds that use different weapons in tandem. But before a player can complete their build, they will first need to find the weapons they are looking for. This is not always the easiest task.
Minecraft Dungeons: Ways to Get Weapons
In short, Minecraft Dungeons players can find weapons of varying qualities and power levels just by playing the game. Due to the game’s random loot drop mechanic, like many other dungeon crawler titles, the getting certain weapons means pursuing a few different options and staying persistent.
If a player can’t find their favorite weapon on their first run through a mission or vendor, continuing to try may yield the results they need.
Below, Minecraft Dungeons players can find the different ways to obtain weapons:
Mob Loot Drops
As players progress through Minecraft Dungeons missions, defeating enemies can often result in loot drops. These aren’t always weapons, of course, as mob loot drops also have the ability to be gear, like armor or artifacts.
Depending on the area players are in, the possible equipment that can be dropped varies. This also applies to other ways to get weapons, so it’s best to know which mission drops which items. Luckily, the mission select screen allows players to see what potential rewards they can earn in a given area.
Opening of chests
Scattered throughout Minecraft Dungeons levels and occasionally found on the backs of Trader Llamas, chests come in many different varieties and bring different rewards with them.
While not all chests drop weapons, those that vary in quality and drop chance for unique ones include:
- Common Chests: Found through levels and spawns quite often. Can drop random emeralds, arrows, potion, or gear that can be found at a given level. Has a very low chance of dropping a unique piece of quality gear.
- Fancy Chests: Similar to regular chests, but guarantees that a piece of equipment will drop when opened. Can also be found above piggy banks and retains a small chance of getting unique gear.
- Obsidian Chests: A rare chest that can appear in missions on occasion. Guarantees a rare gear drop based on the tier’s loot table and has a particularly high chance that this gear drop will be of unique quality. Also provides a lump sum of emeralds and two consumable items. There is usually no more than one Obsidian Chest per mission. However, there are three in the player’s camp. One can be found after the lower portal in the nearby mountain, and two will spawn in the church after unlocking the ??? stage. In the Hidden Depths DLC, several Obsidian Chests can be found in the Coral Rise and Radiant Ravine levels.
- Equipment Chests: These chests spawn at the end of missions except Ancient Hunts. Once a player completes a daily trial, these chests can also drop weapons depending on the mission’s loot table.
- Raid Captain Bounty: Similar to Equipment Chests, but a player must defeat a Raid Captain for the chest to appear on a level. These chests provide random gear, and the chance of getting high-quality items depends on the number of raid captains the hero has defeated as well as the banners they have picked up.
Purchase from merchants
Throughout Minecraft Dungeons, players will have access to many different merchants in their base camp. Each of these merchants works a little differently, but most are willing to provide materials for the cost of emeralds. The exception is the Piglin Merchant, which offers premium gold items for gold, which can be obtained while scavenging in Ancient Hunts.
The gift wrap
After being unlocked in the Soggy Swamp, the Gift Wrap allows players to send other players in their camp weapons, armor, and artifacts. Sending a gift to another hero as a weapon is a great way to make some friends in Minecraft Dungeons.
Read alsoThe article continues below
Note: The article reflects the author’s point of view.